The site is committed to providing equal opportunities for people with special needs. And accordingly, we designed and planned the site to meet the accessibility guidelines of the World Wide Web Consortium at level AA.
For comments and suggestions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you found areas that are incorrect or do not meet the accessibility requirements, please contact us and we will fix them accordingly.
Compliance with standards
1. All pages on this site are written in proper HTML5 code. Writing proper code ensures proper work of assistive technologies used by people with disabilities (such as screen readers for use by the blind).
2. The site was designed in contrasting colors that allow optimal use for the visually impaired and color blind.
3. The content on the site is semantic. Contains headings, information tables, lists, paragraphs, standard links, form controls and image descriptions if they are meaningful.
4. The forms on the website are accessible to screen readers and keyboard users.
The display on the website
• You can change the size of the texts on the site by using the CTRL + keyboard or by using the menu.
• The recommended minimum resolution for viewing the site is 980 pixels wide. It should be noted that even at a resolution lower than this, the site can be viewed.
• The site is optimized for viewing on mobile devices (responsive).
• The fonts on the site are sans serifs - that is, they do not contain edges that interfere with the reading sequence.
• You can browse the site without CSS and get a decent result.
• The dynamic information carousels can be stopped and activated using a keyboard / mouse.
• If you want to make other changes to the size of the texts and colors on the site, you can do so using the browser. You are invited to follow the instructions for changing colors and fonts in the browser. These changes will affect all the sites you view using your browser. Some sites may not respond to changes because they are not accessible.
Accessibility to the business
Most of the contact with the customers is done through the website and the Israel Post. In cases where a face-to-face meeting is decided, the meeting will take place in an accessible and open place.